Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Family Homeschooling and the Financial Question

So this morning I've been reading blog posts about homeschooling. I'm not a parent, but I do work with young children in a setting where I am pretty much free to run the day on my schedule. And someday, when I have children of my own, I do indeed hope to home school. So while I have lots of time on my hands to learn what I am interested in, that is what I am doing. I also realize that I will be prepared to counter my and my husband's families when the time comes to let them know that we have decided to home school, or possibly "unschool".

Anyway, after reading blog article, after article, after article I came across this one--Biking from Alaska to Argentina. I tried to leave a comment on the article itself, but there wasn't a button to click on to let me do that! So, I'm leaving it up to you all out there is cyberspace to answer my question--If both parents are biking with their children during this trip, how do they earn money to buy food, pay for lodging, and visit all the places they want to on their trip? If there is someone out there who knows the answer to this question, please let me know! It sounds like such a great family and learning experience to be able to do something such as bike across the country. I'm just wondering how they are able to pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment